349 W. 46th St. (btwn. 8th & 9th Ave.)
To see their full schedule click here: Visit Website
Swing 46 is a jazz and supper club located on the famous Restaurant Row in the heart of Times Square in New York City. Founded in 1997, the club has served as a home to big bands and swing dancers. In May of 2017 they celebrated their 20th anniversary and are looking forward to many more. They are known for their incredible Swing bands and dance floor while offering a supper club experience.
SWING 46 has entertained audiences from around the world with the best in swing orchestras, nightly music, dancing, classy cocktails and fine dining. Keeping the spirit of the 1940s vintage supper club alive in modern times, Swing 46 provided live music every night for 23 years (1997-2020). Over the years, Jazz fans from around the world have patronized the nostalgic club, legendary swing dancers such as Frankie Manning, Norma Miller and Dawn Hampton graced our dance floor for years, and revered tap dancers including Buster Brown, Gregory Hines, Maurice Hines and Savion Glover hosted the longest running weekly “Tap Jam” at this beloved venue. In addition to providing a home to local big bands, dance teachers and dance performers, Swing 46 became a beloved tourist destination, welcoming jazz fans, musicians, and social dancers from around the world.
- Eat, drink, and be merry: We have great cocktails and food. Our menu is traditional American with a modern twist (in other words, we like tradition but value progress as well). Each dish —including sauces, dressings, and bread — is made every day and carefully prepared using only the freshest ingredients. In fact, our chef would throw in his toque in protest if he had to use anything manufactured in an industrial facility.
- The sound of music: Each night, you’ll sway to the music performed by the most talented, professional musicians from all over the world with charts and arrangements that are impeccable and true to the genre we celebrate. A Swing DJ and awesome live bands are here every night!
- Fancy footwork: Unlike Eliza Doolittle, you can dance all night to music from the fabulous Swing Era — Lindy Hop, Jitterbug, Waltz, Foxtrot, or freestyle! (In other words, party like it’s the 1920s, 30s, and 40s again!)
But wait, there’s more: Whether you have twinkle toes or two left feet, you can master or improve your technique with a nightly (9 pm) dance class taught by a professional instructor.
Did we whet your appetite yet? Great! Put on your dancing shoes and swing into action at Swing 46 Jazz and Supper Club, 349 W 46th St, New York, NY 10036.
- We open at 5 pm and serve a full dinner menu and bar snack menu till midnight.
- Happy Hours are from 5 pm to 7 pm with half price drink specials at the bar. Sunday thru Thursday the band plays from 8:30 pm to 11:30 pm; Fridays and Saturdays the band plays from 9:30 pm to 1:00 am.
- There is a minimal ($15) music charge for entertainment Sunday thru Thursday and just $20 on Friday and Saturday night. Entertainment fee is payable at the Box Office as you come in. This includes the Dance Lesson, the Swing DJ, the Live Band, and Dancing. Dinner and Drinks are separate.
- No need to make a reservation — unless you’re having dinner. If you are coming only for cocktails and dancing — just show up.
When you arrive, please make sure to say hello to owner John Akhtar. You might just get the best table in the house!