CABARET HOTSPOT! Cabaret University presents
LYRIC CONNECTION, MEMORIZATION & PHRASING
At a mid-town location TBA.
Sue Matsuki & David Sabella present this performance class with a lecture then you work with Steven Ray Watkins.
Topics covered in this class will include:
- The grammar of a song – punctuating and identifying important words to learn how to sing the song as you would speak it. Being “organic” to who you are when you sing.
- Exploring what is it about how you currently connect to a song and how it can be a deeper connection.
- Exploring how you honor your feelings in the moment and still give a great performance.
- How to walk that fine line of singing and entertaining and connecting vs. “therapy” on stage.
- How do you sing and deliver a Broadway song or a song sung by a specific character as you.
- How to sing a song with a one-sentence, automatic, mini-placement suggestion.
- How to learn tricky lyrics. Study suggestions.