ARTISTS, PUBLICITY MANAGERS, BOOKING MANAGERS, CLUB OWNERS:
There’s a LOT of cabaret going on every single night! How do you stand out? Cabaret Hotspot! is here to help you. But you have to HELP US HELP YOU. Please follow this publicity timeline to maximize your opportunities.
6 Sundays from opening
- List your show information on our UNIVERSAL CALENDAR
- CLUBS - if you are not already sharing your schedule on our UNIVERSAL CALENDAR, please send us your online calendar URL (see Calendar Page for details)
- Once your listing is curated it will appear on our calendar. CLICK on the listing and SHARE IT ON ALL OF YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS, multiple times!
5 Sundays from Opening
- Send us your “ready to print” press release with a landscape photo
- Purchase your 2 weeks of Advertising space. Request run-dates for two weeks prior to your show. (CH! Members receive 20-30% discount on all advertising. See Membership page for details)
4 Sundays from opening
- Request a Re-Viewer, using our Contact form
- IF you got your “ready to print” materials to us on time, you MAY be emailed for a pre-show interview. (Limit - 2 Interviews per week)
3 Sundays from opening
- Get your interview questions back to us (with a DIFFERENT landscape photo)
- IF you got your “ready to print” materials to us on time, your Pre-View post should be published - SHARE IT ON ALL OF YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS, multiple times!
2 Sundays from Opening
- You May be picked as a Spotlight! If so, SHARE IT ON ALL OF YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS, multiple times!
1 Sunday, (or 1 Week) from opening - (this varies depending upon what day of the week your show plays)
- If requested for an interview, it should be published by now - SHARE IT ON ALL OF YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS, multiple times!
- Sing Happy & enjoy tech.
MOST IMPORTANT! - USE THE COMMENT FEATURE ON CABARET HOTSPOT (at the bottom of every post). Ask friends to comment here as well. This will RAISE your visibility and make you TREND across social media. THIS IS THE GOAL! (Remember - you must use the comment box on the Cabaret Hotspot! website post - not our Facebook or other social pages)
DO THIS FOR EVERY PERFORMANCE OF YOUR SHOW. ALL OF OUR POSTS ARE COMPLETELY SHARABLE ACROSS SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS. KEEP POSTING ON SOCIAL MEDIA - TAG FRIENDS - TAG THE VENUE - TAG YOUR MUSICIANS - TAG YOUR DISTANT COUSINS AND CRAZY AUNTS AND UNCLES - TAG, TAG, TAG! (if you don’t know what Tagging is GOOGLE IT! And if you don’t know what GOOGLE is, then you’re probably not reading this anyway :)
And most of all... HAVE A GREAT SHOW!
Your Shopping Cart
Catch These Shows!
1 week ago
This cabaret legend is doing it right. She’s been live streaming performances from her home with great success. Watch how it’s done, then you can do it too.￼I don’t know about you but once the pandemic began I started cleaning...my closets...my mind...and eventually my vault of music.
You wouldn’t believe the things I found gathering dust in the vault. Songs I haven’t sung in decades, all the way through to what I thought was lost to history. Songs like Make Someone Happy and my 1973 single for Epic records, Our Day Will Come.
So many memories. So many stories.
Join me on Zoom as I reminisce on these found treasures: the music, the stories, and the lessons learned with the hindsight of a lifetime in entertainment.
The debut performance is Saturday, October 3 @ 4pm PT / 7PM ET. As usual, a limited number of after show meet and greets will be available.
For those of you in the UK (or who just want to watch again), we will replay the performance on Sunday, October 4 @ Noon PT / 8PM BST.
Can’t wait to see you all again!
Tickets available at www.lornaluft.com ... See MoreSee Less
Cabaret Hotspot updated their cover photo.
1 week ago
Cabaret Hotspot's cover photo ... See MoreSee Less
Welcome September! Welcome Back to Cabaret Hotspot!
This week Cabaret Hotspot shines the Spotlight on some of the Fall Classes being offered starting in September and running through the Fall.
In today's Spotlight, we give you an array of classes to consider starting with:
Cabaret University's online webinar "Online Music Collaboration with JamKazam," taught by Christopher Denny and facilitated by David Sabella
Signasium's full class line up
Jazz Voice with Alexis Cole
Gregory Toroian's Piano, Bass & Drums Workshop
Michael Kirk Lane's engaging Cabaret History at the 92nd St. Y's
Professional Coaching Classes by industry leader, Dana P. Rowe, which focus the singer on the goals of a professional singing career
DJM Studio's classes
and the very popular "On-Line Music Collaboration Made Easy" class offered on-demand by Cabaret University!
Sue Matsuki also spoke with several club owners about their plans for re-opening, once they have approval, and with social distancing guidelines in place.
Happy almost Fall! Continue to stay healthy and we look forward to seeing you "on campus" very soon! ... See MoreSee Less